Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child

I have just recently discovered this wonderful, classic cookbook. Okay, it wasn't until I saw the Movie Julie and Julia that I even thought about checking this cookbook out. I wasn't even too thrilled to see the movie, but their aren't that many choices when looking for a movie for Family Movie Night. After seeing the movie, I was inspired to try the cookbook. I checked it out of the Library first and read all the introduction parts. I was hooked! I dashed out to Target and found a hardcover for 30% off. I have so far made a Gratin and am now smelling the wonderful smells of Braised Sauerkraut with salt marinated pork roast. I can't wait to try it. I am not going to try every recipe, but their are lots I am going to try. I love to cook, but am by no means a gourmet. Plus I tend to be a bit picky, so I passed this up for years. I have discovered that this book teaches you how to cook just good food--stuff for company or Sunday dinner.

Update: The Braised Sauerkraut was very good! It took a good part of the day since it had to cook for 5 hours, but it was so worth it. It is so fun to be able to cook food as good as you get in a restaurant yourself, (and in some cases even better than restaurant food). I haven't had time to try anything else, but I hope to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment