Saturday, January 15, 2011

House of the Night - Awakened

This is the latest in the House of the Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.  I wasn't all that thrilled with the last book (#6), so it was with trepidation that I picked up this offering.  I must say, it was better, but I am more than ready for the series to end.  This book is #7 and it isn't the final book in the series either.  The last book was really, dark, boring, and depressing, but this one picked up.  Zoey and her Guardian boyfriend Stark have almost put themselves back together after dying and coming back.  Stevie Rae and Rephaim continue to work on and figure out their relationship. 

I picked up the first book because I thought it was about vampires and it mostly isn't.  Yes, the main characters are vampires, but that fact plays very little in the story.  It is mostly about elemental magic and goddess worship that it is about vampires.  The story does talk about choosing good over evil and tying religions together, something I like.  Because of this and because I am obsessive about books and MUST complete all series once I start them (unless I really hate them), means, yes, I will grab up the next book due out in 11/11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment