Thursday, April 28, 2011

Look Me In The Eye, My Life With Asperger's

by John Elder Robinson

I picked this book up for several reasons:  I work in school's with kids who have Asperger's (in a non-teaching role), I know people with Asperger's, and my own son sometimes acts like he has Asperger's.  At this point, I don't think my son does have Asperger's, but I am still interested in how this condition affects people's lives.

I loved this book!  My family got sick of me talking about as I was reading it.  The author overcomes an awful childhood and an condition that no one had even heard of before to go on to do great things.  I loved reading about how his love of electronics ended up with him getting work out of it.  I loved his description of married life, I couldn't agree more--It is good to be married. 

This book has it all, entertaining stories, life lessons, stories of overcoming, and being the best you can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment