Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May reading

Here is what else I have been reading in May so far.  I have completely given up watching T.V--there is nothing on right now that can compete with my reading (Supernatural and Being Human are done for the season.)  That will, of course, change when True Blood Season 3 is finally released on DVD.  My Husband is happy to watch all the bicycle racing, food shows, and outdoor adventure programs he can stomach, making everyone happy.  (Except for Midwestern son, who tries to sneak watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network when no one else is watching.)

Night Pleasures, Dark Hunter #2 by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  Really good Paranormal Romance.

Iron Kissed, Mercy Thompson #3 by Patricia Briggs.  Urban fantasy.  I was so caught up in this one, I actually cried.  Something I can say I almost never do!  I love this series so much that I am trying to wait between books.

The Good, The Bad, and the Undead, The Hollows #2.  Another Urban Fantasy.  I wish the Vampires weren't so evil in this series, but they are enjoyable reads.

Family Affair by Debbie Macomber.  This book was recently republished in Hardcover, but it is actually more of a short story.  It was cute, wholesome, heartwarming, romance as only the master can write!  I've never read anything by Ms. Macomber that I didn't like.

Firelight by Sophie Jordan.  A young adult book about a race of people who are descended from dragons.  Great, unique story.  A bit dark at times, but they story is so good, I didn't mind.

Halo by Alexandre Adornetto.  Another young adult book.  I managed to finish this one, but I didn't like it much.  I found the main character annoying and her relationship with her boyfriend pathetic and annoying.  Really, Angels shouldn't be so wishey-washy!

Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister.  Cute.  Not great, but entertaining and funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment