Sunday, April 22, 2012




My husband started a new job April 2nd.  He went from one large international company to another.  It should have been a painless switch and it was except for one thing--insurance coverage.  We were only without coverage for a weekend, but it is now the third week in April and we still do not have health insurance cards.  I have been forced to pay for Doctor appointments with cash, hoping that I will be reimbursed at some point.  I have had to miss three weekly allergy shot appointments and have been without medication for allergy and my daughter has been without acne and eczema medication.  When we finally did get the Rx cards, the new insurance only covered two of the five Rx's. 

What is going on?  We are the richest country in the world.  My husband had a good job and works for a good company and yet we can not get affordable medications.  My daughter's generic benzoil peroxide acne cream retails for approximately $170.00.    Why do the politicians kowtow to the pharmacy lobby?  People are suffering, in pain, and even dying because they cannot afford the medications they need.  This just isn't a political issue, it is a moral one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment