Saturday, December 27, 2014

Game of Thrones

My new literary obsession--Game of Thrones (aka Song of Ice an Fire).  I am totally loving it!  The story is so detailed the world so complete and the characters are so well written they come to life as I am reading about them, good or evil.  The only thing I don't like about the series is that the view and treatment of woman isn't great.  I suppose that is because of the type of world it is, that doesn't mean that I have to like it.  I have read the first three books.  After each book, I watch the corresponding HBO season of the show on DVD.  I haven't been this excited about books since The Sookie Stackhouse books (and they ended terrible, hopefully this series will have a better conclusion).  I am waiting for the 4th book to come in at the library.  I hope it comes in before winter break at work is over while I still have time to immerse myself in a book!

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book One)

No comments:

Post a Comment