Saturday, May 6, 2017

April Read!


Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
This book has been on my self since Oprah picked it for her book club. I started reading it, but wasn't able to get through the beginning where the author was describing the loss of her mother. I have recently been reading books on my Kindle app on my phone, but my phone died just in time for a 8 hour weekend drive to Kansas to see my daughter. So, in desperation I pulled this book out, and I am so glad I gave it a second chance! The book was so well written! I truly enjoyed learning about the author's unusual life, she seemed to me to be very much a free spirit. Just the descriptions of her childhood home with out central heat (in Minnesota!) were interesting. I liked the seamless way the author flashed back filling us in on the events in her life interspersed with descriptions on the trail and her hiking experiences. I can take inspirations from the braveness of the author for my own challenges. I plan to have a movie night and watch the movie soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment