Thursday, August 3, 2017

August Read! The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown

The Light of Paris

I bought this as my backup vacation book (it wouldn't be much of a vacation if I ran out of things to read).  My parents took me to Paris when I was in my 20's, so the book intrigued me enough I picked it up, plus I read the author's other book The Weird Sisters and enjoyed it.

I liked the book okay.  It switched back and forth from the 1920's to 1999 timeline.  That didn't bother me (which it often does).  I enjoyed both timeline's stories and characters and the descriptions of Paris were great and fun to read.  What I didn't like was the constant, endless, and very repetitive self-doubt and self-criticism of both main characters.  ENOUGH ALREADY!

The author has an anthology of short stories about Paris and a Paris travel book coming out, but I couldn't find anything about a follow-up book.  I think there is another book that could be told about Madeleine's trip to Paris and her self-discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment